Tuesday, August 30, 2005

http://www.einstinc.com/adss-fairy/


http://itclub.vs.moe.edu.sg/wireless05/


http://itclub.vs.moe.edu.sg/wireless


http://itclub.vs.moe.edu.sg/njrc/wireless


http://itclub.vs.moe.edu.sg/invisibled


http://itclub.vs.moe.edu.sg/njrc/automatic


http://www.exosphere.multiservers.com/


http://www.exospherejournal.blogspot.com/


The websites are not in any order. But if any EXO team member or njrc participant, namely faris from VS, pass by here and click on anyone of of them, I think memories will start streaming back.

Ryan told me once, before sleeping and trying to on the bed at night, he thought and recalled about NJRC and all thoes robotics competitions we have participated. The way he described it was so de-ja-vu. I mean, I have such experiences before! And OFTEN at that.. Its common, I believe for us as emotion-filled living things on this planet to recall happy, mirthful, exciting, andrenalic-rush kind of experiences. A sensation of mixed up feelings (mainly everything pleasant) whenever I think of robotics and the competitions I have joined come to me. My resume and achievements of robotics is, to me, outstanding and I'm proud of it. I wondered once if I am more "zhi hao" over anything else other than robotics. And at this point of time. Its a no. Only robotics.. i feel.. has really given me everything. Still it has its downs like any other ups and downs. For one now, I can only think of the strained relationship between tribal studioz ( i guess mainly mr gilbert) and probably SCGS and me. I mean.. for now thats the down part, for the issue aint settle yet. None of you really know what happened only ryan, zr, faris and wenxian.. I'll perhaps blog it down when im free next time.

Anyway thats a down. I had nightmares and a few times while studying i thought of what happened between mr g and me. It all voices down to one word- misunderstanding. Im dead sure it is. But i dont know if on his side he'll probably see its as my character. But since Primary 6 till now Sec4, i have known him. He asked me, "we know each other for so long, you dont know my character meh?" I want to re-ask him that question myself again. Only then perhaps will the issue resolve. I hope for him to see this message and I wonder if it'll affect my studies for O level if this thing remains unsettled.. But he wont see this. He dont even know of this website. Right now, i feel that is the only main stone stuck in my heart and in my life. IF i had to die now, that'll probably be my only last regret that i left behind without resolving.

Well. I think everyone wont know what im talking about so i shall not continue. Robotics.. really.. I dont use and read this word like you do. I tried lookin at his word from another point of view. From YOUR point of view. I think i cant. Probably you all only see it as something i like to mention as though its just another CCA or its just another robot related stuff. ROBOT-ics. Sure sounds automated, automatron, machine-like, robot-like, mechanic and all that. It is it is. But to me, its well.. you probably heard this from somewhere a dozen of times, more than a passion.

Recently i met faris on my way home. He was on his way to tuition. He asked me if i wanna go NJRC'05 during the SEPT HOL. Njrc period is forever that period. Sec4's cant join. MOE dont allow because of the big O's. Anyway, im like so freaking tempted to turn up everyday at Science Centre to be able to spectate the whole of NJRC man. Actually being there is not enough. I just want to be part of the action. Be in the booth doing robot, mangling with the judges, broadening my social circle wid other school (mainly girls heh) so on so on. There's really so much to do so much to see so much going on in the back street. Ok ignore that song. But truly, its really close to my heart.

After faris and i parted, again the nostalgic feeling came back. NJRC.. i really cannot put anything down into words.. its all.. within me.. its really part of my life. I realised i felt so empty without it. If you can realise I'm not really going into detail. I cant! I just cant! Njrc left such a.. routine like life for me during njrc period. Its basically chiong robotics day in day out. Really. Sleepless nights, missing meals.. I mean.. Im just a kid. I still am a kid until im 18. And all this experiences.. its way too much for me to handle. I miss thoes staying overnight in schools.. runnin my robot... straunting down the competition venues with my almost perfect robot.. Checking out the results of my robot and knowing i am top few... i mean.. all this.. until you have experienced it then will you know it. What aids and adds to it is that I perform well during competitions. I get all the luck in the world. Everything seems to turn out right. All the stars tune and move into place. All the GODS are doing their special thing up there to make my robot complete its task. Everything! The wind velocity is right, the light intensity is suitable for my light sensors, the robot wheels are smooth and tactful, the playing field proves not to be an obstacle and everything the robot is supposed to do.. is done!

NJRC is about Science Centre setting up a playing field. Mainly the size of our classroom table placed 5 by 2. Then you have to collect balls, dump them somewhere else... Dislodge a toy placed somewhere hard to reach in the playing field... Collect some irregular shaped object back to base.. Circle some weird drawing on the playing field three times.. Raise a flag.. Press a button.. And for the most recent one set for njrc'05 which i havent tried... going down a stairs.

Everytime i run the robot.. It had never failed me. I mean. I have to be thankful for all the awards my robot had given me. (anyway for different competitons you build and programme different robot. so sum haf alrdy been dismantled but i will remeber their souls while others are recycled for my juniors to use again or preserved for exhibitions).

Take, for example, WRO. http://www.wroboto.org/competition_overallrankings.html ( i just had to haolian... check out exo ranking at s037!) WRO is held in Downtown East NTUC chalet. All partcipants stay in the chalet. Meals, accomodation are provided for free. People from other countries fly to S'pore and stay here. Its an international event. The competition arena is held in D Marquee. Its simply a huge tent. So freaking big that it can hold hundreds of people. Aircon, chairs, stage, playing fields.... There is the open category (nobody gives a heck for this) and the main category. Under main category we have slalom, sprint, sumo. I got 4th and 6th for slalom and sprint respectively. For sumo, i cheated. I did something im not supposed to do and i was caught. Boy was that an embarrassing situation. Imagine yourself competiting in such a high-class event representing your country. Everyone from all around the world are watching you with cam recorders. And i was caught. SCREW that moment. I wont forget it. But thank The Philipines for going easy on me. I cheated against them but they werent very harsh on me. For slalom category, you must programme your robot through a maze with white walls and hit a stick. They give you like 1hr to build and porgramme it. A MAZE. HIT THE STICK. All in one hour. Its not simple in that condition. You are stuck in a locked up area. You run to the playing field. You run back to your booth and face the computer and start muttering to yourself while programming. You run back to playing field. You memorize readings like number of rotations for robot to reach here and there. And you gotta make sure it works at the playing field. When you run back. You programme again. 1hr. Ta-da its over. Playing field closed. I was like. WHAT THE?

Then guess what. I sat on my chair. In my booth. Faced the laptop. And did guesswork, memorywork and everything i coould. During my trials i couldnt even hit one stick at all. Everything just didnt work. But miraculously.. For the 10 mins at the laptop.. after consulting my expert teammates ryan and zhangren.. ( i asked them if they trusted me) and alot of self confidence and motivation, I changed and erased the programme and redo everyhting. The other teams were either slacking, resting from all thoes running or starring at me. I ignored them all and simply programmed on my laptop. From time to time, I run the robot on the floor to measure the rotations for 10cm of distance. All using zr and ryan leg as walsl while the robot navigate through them. WE R DESPO. I WANTED TO WIN.

My turn came. I prayed. I on the robot and run. OH MY GOD. It moved. Forward. Turn. Align. Turn forward move. Then ahead of it is the stick. 10cm away. I didnt dare look. But im not that kind. I LOOKED and prayed. "thuck" The stick was hit. Btw, the teams b4 me did nothing better. MOst couldnt hit a single stick. While the best so far only hit two sticks. Courtesy of FUHUA SEC. MY RIVAL CUM FRIEND SCH and the one who came out tops in this event. Two sticks was all it takes to top a WORLD EVENT. And it was done by SIngapore. You have to admit our standard is international already. Well. i am too! :P Anyway. I was beyond words. The robot hit one stick. Turns out i was 4th. 4th out of the so many countries. Go the website and check it out yourself.

You dont have to feel what im feeling now. This is my blog. I type anything i like. But seriously when i hear some heavy beat music.. certain songs. Reminds me of njrc. Really. "Can you keep up.. baby boy...let me loose my breath." Oh man CHIJ TP went up stage and danced to this song. Bootylicious. Lol. But really la. I dont wanna see robotics now anymore. Otherwise i'll cry. I'm on the brink of tears already.

ps: anyone wanna go njrc'05 during dis sept hol can tell me. i'll bring you dere and u can see ppl flockin to me for i owned that competiton. i got 2nd during 2004 and 2003. i rock njrc down man. nobody dunno me at sci ctr. im famous over dere for robotics. and you wanna learn robotics. i'll provide lessons after o level. im serious. i'll go work for tribal studioz at www.tribalstudioz.com and conduct n teach robotics and earn at least $1k a month.

No comments: