Thursday, April 17, 2008

today we went down Youth Flying Club to try flyin a plane. its hell of an experience. the sensation of being up there is almost like taking a roller coaster high up there in the sky and turning all around.

he gave me few mins / few seconds of control.. like he would teach and demo how to turn left turn right climb descend. then i'll have to, "I have control, SIR!" and then start controllin the aircraft under his watchful eyes.

1 or 2 highlights. the first being the part where he demo-ed the stalling of the engine. hell yeah. you cant imagine the feeelin i get when he announced that that was coming. he climbed a few feet up and all i could see was the sky and front propeller...continued climbing till the critical angle warning alarm came on for a good few seconds... pushed the throttle down... the propeller stopped... then TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. every shook and vibrated and the engine stalled. holy.
everything started to dive / dip / descend and now all i could see was the top of hdb flats and the greeneries become bigger and bigger. and i felt myself going in circles on the spot like being stuck in a whirlpool and going down like being sucked in.
"if i dun do anything now we'll continue spiralling down and die"
haha. then he pushed throttle back. pulled back.... started climbing till we were level again.

after a few easy peasy turns. i asked for more stunts.
"whats the highest G this craft can take?" "3G" "can we try?"
he thought for a while den he started to do some turnings here and there. and i was like. this is it man. bronson heard me through inter com from the back passenger seat and he was like he reached over and slapped my back "you askin for it huh!"
haha and so the pilot did his shit. and very soon i was experiencing 3G MAN! OOOOOH YEAH 3 G force. couldnt raise my hands at all from my laps. couldnt move my head forward. my mouth was half open half screamin and the saliva got pulled down from the corber of my mouth its a wonder how i managed to suck that trickling strand of dangling salive back into my mouth. soon my vision blurred. blood rushed to my eyes. blood shot. blur. cannot see. cannot open eyes. tunnelling vision. and then zoom he pulled back up and all was well. and that sensation is so shiok. its beyond words.

and so once again. flying as a career.
































why do i have to fail medical

No comments: