Saturday, December 29, 2007

i came back from dinner today 29dec saturday 8.30pm. my mum told me i have a letter from mindef.

one for my dad one for me.

First emotion: Excited
I thought: finally.......!!! after countless calling to CMPB to check my enlistment date and gettin numerous people telling me stuff like i will be enlisting most probably in april since i am a "A" lvl student and that i passed NAPFA with at least a silver. While some other officers i talked to told me that "oh april slots are full. you will most prob enlist in july or sept."

i go around telling people that hey im enlisting in april. (tryin to self-convince myself) and laughed at people enlisting in jan. and i kept planning and telling myself what to do during jan feb or march. 3 whole full LONG months b4 i enlisted. (or so i thought)

i went to climb asia to be an instructor thinking that i could at least rise to some rank or high category like a LEAD INSTRUCTOR at least. which needed, i would say, at least 5-10 sessions of being an instructor. i even left my email behind with weichieh at climbasia to request to work at their counter. 5 bucks an hour.

i constantly reminded myself the stuffs i havent do which i stated i would do in my blog like running for a marathon, gettin a job and learning to swim.

i told myself i will rot my life away until march before i started my physical training. ok not practically rot. but find a job and work with a contract for at least 3 full months. and get some working experience and feel how its like to suffer in the working world.

ok back to story.

i snatched the letter from her. and started to tear it open.
but before i tore it up. i told my mum "oh enlistment date already."
she said "no la cannot be. your papa also have the letter."
i told her" haha they askin papa go back for reservist lor!"

lol i felt that that was funny.

anyway. my mum didnt believe it was anything to do with my enlistment date. until, quite surpringsingly, she opened e letter b4 i could. and announced "12jan."

i stopped. heart skipped a beat. told myself. haha joke 12jan.

den i continued tearing up my letter.

den i saw the words. 12 JAN.

then i screamed and my world crumbled. words failed me.

ALL THAT CRAP FOR NTH. all the worrying, the cursing, the lamenting why the hell i went to report i have latent TB, the moans of anxiety waitin for the enlistment date to be announced to me which took ages, constant sneering of a possible enlistment date of july or sept, way later than any other jc student. and finally at this moment the pink slip of paper just announced my fate.

im given 13 days. 2 weeks. to settle my life. organise my thoughts and feelings. and get physically and mentally for army.

AS MUCH AS i am looking forward to it and how much i really want to do it. i feel its really unfair to give me 13 days to prepare.

i have eaten so much these past few days. eat until bloody full. i have not been watching what i eat. not keeping myself physically fit. not keeping my body in shape. not running not training not psyching myself for this. and now. 12jan.








darren wake up. as much as ur life may be screwed now. you gotta move on.












now i intend to play and enjoy the rest of the days, PLAY TO THE MAXXXXX. train all i can. then start packing for NS. wooohooo! suddenly i have changed to become a JAN KIA. OH SHIT MY BIRTHDAY. OH NO SHIT I JUST REALISED i GOTTA CELEB MY BDAY INSIDE. DIE!


ok screw. people pls organise more outings and jio me out NOW.
play train pack. wooooots.

No comments: