Wednesday, November 3, 2004

Today its 3rd november. World Robotics Olympiad draws nearer. The pressure inside me is increasing greatly. My palms get sweaty just by thinking about it. Can i make a name for myself? Can i conquer WRO? Can i beat fuhua sec, victoria sch, chinese high, singapore chinese girls, admiralty sec and bukit panjang govt high? I want to win badly. But i do not wish the schools which have been working with me these few days to lose as well. The issue is not a win or lose thing. Its how much u learn, experienced and change from it. Will this be a turning point in my life? Will my robotics knowledge be greatly enhanced? Will i change as a person? Will i blank out and lose control of myself? Can i stay calm throughout the competition and adapt to the new surroundings? Will everyone around me change suddenly? Will thier behaviour change? Will they treat me more coldly? What if i screw up? What if y robot do not work? What if i lose terribly and others laugh at me? Will i be a laughing stock? Will i win? Will i be featured in the papers? Will other foreigners talk about me when they return to thier hometown after the competition? Will i leave an impression on others? Will others carve or leave marks on my heart? Will i be interviewed on television? Will i do myschool proud or more importantly make Singapore proud considering this is an international event? You can call this a small scale competition. But the pressure i am feeling now is killing me. Will i continue robotics after this? Will i still touch lego after this? Will god watch over me and bless me with all the luck he can give? This is a crazy account. I am indeed embarrassed to type how i feel here. It feels weird. But considering my case now, what do i have to lose? Who knows i may just look back one day and laugh at this entry. Now that would be great entertainment. Well, i just ask for one thing. Pray for me real hard and wish me luck. I sincerely need it. However if you think that i have been going overly crappy and acting overly silly about this whole affair of taking part in robotics and joining just a minor event, then please wait till i bring you the good news. You better eat your own words and give me a treat. For what? Merely because i have just won the challenge and bet you have made with me. Wait for my award...

No comments: